TE WHARE ROIMATA«Go back
Te Whare Roimata provides grass-root self-help responses to the needs and concerns identified by local residents from the eastern inner city, with a view to creating a more self-reliant community, better able to meet its needs.
A range of activities and projects has evolved:
- Community Centre
- Community garden
- The Gold Coin Cafe
- Labour pool
- Linwood Community Arts Centre
- Support and outreach to local people with particular focus on older people
- Educational courses including ESOL classes
- Homework class for school age children
- Community Health Te Whare Roimata is committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and employs Maori Community Workers to provide cultural advice.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 3.00pm
Updated July 2014